Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shabby Chic Tiny Ballerinas

This is my Tuesday to post a project on Craft-Dee BowZ and the Design Team set our sights on doing shabby chic and using the color peach during the month of June. We had a grid to follow for tic-tac-toe, also! I thought about putting the grid up for you to see, but if I do that, I'm afraid someone might think they have to follow the tic-tac-toe grid to enter our challenge and that's not true!  I love challenges like this and our Team Leader understands that we are a Team of four over-achievers and can't just do a project with a bow on it. And, as an over-achiever, I incorporated the entire grid of elements on my card. But, remember, that's just our challenge...your challenge is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW. I used this precious image from Stamping Bella for my card.
I colored my image with Copics. I have three little girls here, all different nationalities! The die cut around my image is by Nellie Snellen. The die cuts that are inked are by Marianne Designs. My sentiment and banner are also by Marianne Designs. I stitched my layers and then used my little Ranger tool to distress the edges. The pearls are from my stash, as is the little button in the bottom left corner that I cut off the shank and glued on.
The flowers I used are a combination from byThita,Wild Orchid Crafts and The Ribbon Girl. The leaf punch is by Martha Stewart.
Last, but not least, is this perfect peach taffeta bow. It's a triple looped bow and made with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Do you have a favorite tool that you use when card making/scrapbooking? I have many of them and it's hard to pick my very favorite tool. But this little bow tool is one that I wouldn't want to make a bow without! I can now make perfect bows and not waste any ribbon trying! Before getting this little bow tool, I'd make bows but it took 2 or 3 times, using the same ribbon that would be getting wrinkled with each try! Now I can produce bows in less than a minute, and they're perfect every time.

If you buy one of these Craft-Dee BowZ tools, please let me know via an e-mail (e-mail address is on the top right side of my blog). I'd be happy to send you a variety of ribbons for you to play with and make your perfect bows! I love the bow below. The color of the ribbon is so pretty and sweet, thank you, Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ! And, you can see it tied beautifully. I didn't put anything over my knot just because it was such a good looking bow. :)
Each Tuesday the Design Team gets to post their individual project on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog. It's so neat to have the spotlight for the week! I know that each of us on the Team takes special care to create something special for you to look at and, hopefully, inspire you to join us for our monthly challenge. If you've missed a Tuesday this month, please cruise back through the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge Blog and take a look at what Barbara, Vicki and Tracey have created this month. No matter what the Team does, your challenge is always ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW.
                                                                                     
                                                                                         Hugs,
                                                           Gail