Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, July 11, 2011

It's a wrap!


As previously stated, my main thrust for creating the Craft-Dee BowZ bow making tool was to address the issues of people who are bow challenged.  This came about strictly through my experience as a teacher of card making.  Now that's not a bad thing being bow challenged!  However, if you are one of the countless millions who struggle with bows, then this is a tool that you will definitely benefit from.

So, I've shown you how to do single and multiple loop bows (refer to videos in earlier posts).  I also showed you how they can affect your card making projects.  Well, let's look at the other side of the bow making loop, so to speak.  When you think "bows", you generally think "packages or gifts", right?  Well you're on the right track.  So, here are a few packages that I wrapped using the Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker.  I think a visual helps in every sense of the word.

This first package is a simple bag topper.  What a quick and easy way to dress up a package -- especially if you're short on time.  If you're like me, you leave things to the last minute when it comes to wrapping gifts -- not my favorite thing to do.  This is a 1/2" wired ribbon that I used.  A video will follow soon showing you how this is attached.











This second package is for a small wedding or anniversary gift.  Again, using a wider, wired ribbon, I made multiple loops and added an additional tail.  Remember, the Craft-Dee BowZ makes up to 4-1/4" wide bows!  I'll have a short video on how to add additional tails very soon.  Just by adding some beading to your bow, you have a very lovely gift package.



And the last package was made with a soft satiny (polyester) finished ribbon.  This is not wired ribbon.  I added some fancy gold ribbon underneath to create more impact.





Well, I hope I've inspired you to reach beyond your craft room and your card making endeavors.  Don't let that Craft-Dee BowZ collect dust!  It's more valuable than you think!

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear from you.

Donna